- To promote and stimulate the study of tokens and medals
- To cultivate fraternal collector relations
- To encourage research and articles and recordings pertaining thereto
- To disperse information and knowledge in a society's journal
- To advance interest and prestige
- To promote meetings at conventions
- To promote and encourage distinct classifications at exhibits
- To endeavor to determine values of rarities
- To permanently record historical information relating to tokens and medals by publishing original works by members, and by reprinting old works not readily available to present day collectors.
With sadness, we report the passing of a TAMS past president, Medal of Merit recipient, and current board member, Donald Young.