- To promote and stimulate the study of tokens and medals
- To cultivate fraternal collector relations
- To encourage research and articles and recordings pertaining thereto
- To disperse information and knowledge in a society's journal
- To advance interest and prestige
- To promote meetings at conventions
- To promote and encourage distinct classifications at exhibits
- To endeavor to determine values of rarities
- To permanently record historical information relating to tokens and medals by publishing original works by members, and by reprinting old works not readily available to present day collectors.
New Publication: See the Books for Sale for ordering information.
TAMS Guide to U.S. Shell Cards 1867-1880 by Q. David Bowers.
Hard-bound, 360+ pages, full color catalog of U.S. Shell Cards. The first book-length treatment of these early examples of American advertising tokens. Over 1,000 shell cards described and most illustrated in color. The study includes a history of shell cards, their makers, and rarity information for many pieces.